Matariki Community Celebration registrations
NOTE: This event is dated in the PAST. Upcoming dates will be posted once confirmed.
24 June 2021
Venue: Waihi College
Times: From 5pm
Phone: Rachael 021 555542 Whetu 027 4825422
Here is our schedule for Community Celebration on Thursday. Based on the times each group supplied, we have approximated the times. But please don’t hold us to the times, as they are a guide only. We also encourage everyone to stay and watch other groups, so advertising the times is not encouraged, only a guide for your organisation.
Approx time - who
5pm Karakia timatanga, Welcome, Acknowledgements -
5.10pm Pukewa Te Kohanga Reo
5.20 KiwiKidz Educare at the Beach
5.30 Waihi Kindergarten
5.40 Waikino School
5.50 Waihi Central School Te Kapahaka Roopu o Te Kura Pūtahi o Waihi
6.00 Waihi Beach School Te Kapahaka Roopu o Te Kura Tātahi o Waihi
6.20 St Joseph’s School
6.35 Waihi East School Te Kapahaka Roopu o Te Kura Rāwhiti o Waihi
6.50 Te Kura o Waimata
7. 15 Waihi College - Te Ara Poutama
7.20 Te Kapa Haka ō Ngāti Waihinui
7.35 Karakia Whakakapi
If you are able to help out with extra volunteers, please let us know! Email email@example.com
These events are organised and managed by a small group of volunteers, so we would love support in this area.
Again, we acknowledge the huge amount of mahi for this event from Wendy Shave, Tuihana Jack-Ainsley and Alistair Cochrane & Waihi College staff and students, also Jason and Sacha Urlich, for their mahi in organising our venue, lights, sounds, spaces, live streaming, etc. to help make our Matariki Waihi celebration happen. We really appreciate the tireless effort and support you all have put into this event.
At Waihi Beach School, we have let whānau know the time their tamaiti are required to meet, but also the opportunity to secure their seats together to watch the performances! An example of what we have communicated with our Beach School whānau:
KAPA HAKA ROOPU (GROUP) ONLY
- Meet in B6 (allocated classroom) between 3.45 - 4.00pm (B6 is located near Whare Maia).
- Your child will stay with us in B6 from arrival right through to our performance. After the performance, please come to B6 to help us undress our roopu, and to collect your tamaiti (child/ren). We encourage you to stay as a whānau and watch the rest of the amazing performances!
REST OF THE SCHOOL
- Meet in B6 (allocated classroom) between 4.30 - 5.00pm.
- Once your child is dressed, they are free to join you in the hall to watch the concert (until it’s time for our school’s performance)
- OR Once you’ve dropped off your tamaiti (child/ren) in B6, you can make your way into the hall to secure a seat so you can enjoy the concert.
- There will be a live-stream of the concert running in B6. Families and tamariki are most welcome to stay in B6 and watch with us.
Mānawatia a Matariki!
Rachael & Whetu