Posted by GO Waihi on 26/04/2017
It was great to see so many turn out at ANZAC services, from several generations too. We’re heading towards another month on Monday, the same time as most schools resume. Overall I think the weather has played ball over the holidays. And I hope it continues to behave for Autumn. We’ve got a few things coming up to keep you busy. Get along, take part, check it out, get into it, remember to stay warm, take a friend or two and go for it.
AUTUMN THEME FOR FAIR
On Saturday, Waihi Waterlily Gardens at 441 Pukekauri Rd, just on the outskirts of Waihi invite you to their Autumn Fair. From 10 am to 4 pm you can enjoy entertainment and music, there are stalls, hot food and a BBQ. There are also horse rides, and 15 acres of beautiful grounds for you to enjoy. Entry’s free and there are treasure hunts at 11 am and 1 pm.
WE’VE GOT THE GOODS ON THE GOOD FOOD REVOLUTION
Waihi Lions have a busy and interesting day coming up for you on Saturday 13 May. Head for Waihi Memorial Hall between 9 am and 4 pm and enjoy taste tests, or enter the snack bar competition - you could win $500! It’s all about good, fresh, real food and the basic skills to prepare it. There’ll be cooking demonstrations and presentations from dieticians and diabetes professionals. The $2 programme as entry could also see you win one of the hourly lucky draws. Entry for school children is free.
THE EYES HAVE IT
Iridology is the subject this Sunday at the Waihi Herb Society’s monthly meeting. They’ll start with their AGM at 2 pm at the Salvation Army hall at the top of Seddon St, which will be followed by a talk on this interesting topic. They also talk about herbs of course, along with soils and companion planting. A cup of tea’s included and it’s just a few dollars to help cover costs.
ECHO WALKING FESTIVAL CREW SAY THANKS
It’s been a busy three and a bit weeks since ECHO Walking Festival began on April 1. We had to cancel a few due to the weather but managed to hold most and we’ve had some great feedback. Thanks to those who took on a walk, a challenge or a stroll. Remember to check your photos with the photo competition still open. And good luck with the prize draws; there are some great prizes to be won. We plan to have our brochure out by Christmas for ECHO Walking Festival 2018.
INEXPENSIVE, CHEAP, GREAT VALUE ...
At $4 entry you get your money’s worth at Waihi Beach Dirt Track Club. The view along the coast is worth it. The racing from 11 am across the afternoon is worth it. And the tuck shop and clubhouse toilets make it worth it too. Head along Waihi Beach Rd and as you head down the gorge keep an eye on the left for the flags next to the quarry. Head up there and park and you’ll be entertained on ‘the terraces’ for hours. Take a deck chair, a chilly bin, umbrella and your camera.
BOOK FAIR BOOKED
The Waihi Lions Book Fair is on Saturday and Sunday over Queens Birthday Weekend, June 3 and 4. If you’d like to donate any books, games or CD’s in good condition drop them off at Mobil or BP in Waihi, Waihi Beach Home Hardware or Moore’s Service Station in Paeroa. All the proceeds go back into our community, and it’s a great chance to stock up on some good reading material and more.
HERE’S A THOUGHT: 90% of politicians give the other 10% a bad name.
© Go Waihi Inc., 2011 - All material in this website is copyright to Go Waihi Inc.unless specifically stated.
None of the contents may be reproduced without the express permission of Go Waihi Inc.